Marissa’s debut poetry collection, LET GO OF THE HANDS YOU HOLD, will be published by Mercer University Press in the spring of 2021.
Work forthcoming from Middle House Review, Emerge Literary Journal, Louisiana Literature, River Mouth Review, and other journals.
Sample of Published Work
- “Decimation,” “Making Confession,” “Before the Apocalypse, Sentries Abandon Post.” 3 Poems. UCity Review. Web. June 2020.
- “If Life Were Meant to Be Fair.” Flash Fiction. The Cabinet of Heed. Web. April 2020.
- “Robert Frost Said Poetry Is a Way of Taking Life by the Throat.” Poem. SWWIM Every Day. Web. March 2020.
- “Ghostwriters.” Poem. The Night Heron Barks. Web. March 2020.
- “Master of My Domain.” Poem. Okay Donkey. Web. February 2020.
- “Loss by the Gallon.” Poem. Atrium Poetry. Web. January 2020.
- “I Don’t Want to Write Any More Poems.” Poem. Mothers Always Write. Web. December 2019.
- “The World Asks Too Much of Mothers.” Poem. Whale Road Review. Web. December 2019.
- “Beware the Sister.” Poem. Fresh Air Poetry. Web. November 2019.
- “Wait for Me.” Poem. Sweet: A Literary Confection. Web. October 2019.
- “Shoot Me Now.” Flash Fiction. After the Pause. Web. September 2019.
- “Autodidacts.” Poem. Rust + Moth. Web. September 2019.
- “Chronic” and “Bones.” Two Poems. Nine Muses. Web. December 2018.
- “Visitation.” Poem. Barren Magazine. Web. September 2018.
- “Dinner with the Man,” “Thoughts While My Nemesis Reads His Poetry at the Algonquin Hotel,” “This Is My Body, Broken.” 3 Poems. Easy Street. Web. March 2018.
- “A Taste for Naming.” Poem. The Opiate. April 2017.
“The Lord Speaks in Metaphor,” first published in Stoneboat Literary Journal.
“If All My Dreams Came True” published in South Florida Poetry Journal, May 2019
“In Each of Her Folds a Promise Waits” performed at SASSabration, 2016.
Selected Public Readings
- “All the World’s a Stage.” This interactive workshop includes practical tips and techniques for presenting original work at public readings. Attendees will also be given the opportunity to practice these techniques with their own writing during the class. Sandhill Writer’s Retreat. May 2019.
- “Poems for the Page, Poems for the Stage.” Ferris State University. April 2019.
- “Be FNOMenal Poetry Workshop.” Saint Leo University. December 2018.
- “Spoken Word Poetry: How to Slam Without Hurting Anyone.” Sandhill Writer’s Retreat. May 2017.
Read this interview with Marissa to learn more about her work as a poet*.
*An abbreviated list of where you can find Marissa Glover’s work: The Lascaux Review, Rust + Moth, Sweet, SWWIM Every Day, First Things, Barren Magazine, Stoneboat Literary Journal, Gyroscope Review, South Florida Poetry Journal, After the Pause, War, Literature & the Arts, Easy Street, The Mythic Circle, The New Verse News, Okay Donkey, Picaroon Poetry, Amaryllis, Bonnie’s Crew, The Opiate, Ink, Sweat and Tears, Unbroken Journal, Ghost City Review, The Cabinet of Heed, The Furious Gazelle, The Night Heron Barks, Mothers Always Write, Mineral Lit Mag, Aethlon: The Journal of Sport Literature, Nine Muses, Riggwelter, The Coil, Dirty Paws Poetry, Post Ghost Press, The Ekphrastic Review, Amethyst Review, Writers Resist, The UCity Review, Fresh Air Poetry, Louisiana Literature, Middle House Review, Emerge Literary Journal, REBUS, Chasing the Light Anthology