- Many heartfelt thanks to River Mouth Review for nominating my poem “The Bible Doesn’t Tell Us” for the 2021 Orison Anthology.
- Many heartfelt thanks to SWWIM Every Day for nominating my poem “Robert Frost Said Poetry Is a Way of Taking Life by the Throat” for the 2021 Orison Anthology.
- Many heartfelt thanks to Whale Road Review for nominating my poem “The World Asks Too Much of Mothers” for the 2021 Best of the Net Anthology.
- My full-length poetry collection, LET GO OF THE HANDS YOU HOLD, will be published by Mercer University Press in the spring of 2021.
- New work forthcoming in Psaltery & Lyre, Dwelling Literary, Adelaide Literary Magazine, and other journals.
Sample of Published Work
“Decimation,” “Making Confession,” “Before the Apocalypse, Sentries Abandon Post” (The UCity Review)
“If Life Were Meant to Be Fair” (The Cabinet of Heed)
“Ghostwriters” (The Night Heron Barks)
“Master of My Domain” (Okay Donkey)
“Loss by the Gallon” (Atrium Poetry)
“I Don’t Want to Write Any More Poems” (Mothers Always Write)
“Wait for Me” (Sweet: A Literary Confection)
“Visitation” (Barren Magazine)
“A Taste for Naming” (The Opiate)
Selected Public Readings
- “All the World’s a Stage.” This interactive workshop includes practical tips and techniques for presenting original work at public readings. Attendees will also be given the opportunity to practice these techniques with their own writing during the class. Sandhill Writer’s Retreat. May 2019.
- “Poems for the Page, Poems for the Stage.” Ferris State University. April 2019.
- “Be FNOMenal Poetry Workshop.” Saint Leo University. December 2018.
- “Spoken Word Poetry: How to Slam Without Hurting Anyone.” Sandhill Writer’s Retreat. May 2017.
Read this interview with Marissa to learn more about her work as a poet*.
*An abbreviated list of where you can find Marissa Glover’s work: The Lascaux Review, Rust + Moth, Sweet, SWWIM Every Day, First Things, Barren Magazine, Stoneboat Literary Journal, Gyroscope Review, South Florida Poetry Journal, After the Pause, War, Literature & the Arts, Easy Street, The Mythic Circle, The New Verse News, Okay Donkey, Picaroon Poetry, Amaryllis, Bonnie’s Crew, The Opiate, Ink, Sweat and Tears, Unbroken Journal, Ghost City Review, The Cabinet of Heed, The Furious Gazelle, The Night Heron Barks, Mothers Always Write, Mineral Lit Mag, Aethlon: The Journal of Sport Literature, Nine Muses, Riggwelter, The Coil, Dirty Paws Poetry, Post Ghost Press, The Ekphrastic Review, Amethyst Review, Writers Resist, The UCity Review, Fresh Air Poetry, Louisiana Literature, Middle House Review, Emerge Literary Journal, REBUS, Chasing the Light Anthology, River Mouth Review, Psaltery & Lyre, Halfway Down the Stairs, Dwelling Literary, Autumn Sky Poetry Daily, FEED, Schuylkill Valley Journal, Boston Literary Magazine